Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Did I really sign up for this?

It has been a while since I posted. Some readers may erroneously think that I have been out enjoying the summer months since I do not have to go to work. However, I have actually taught summer school for two-and-a-half weeks and sat at my computer typing furiously. You see, my comprehensive exams are coming up in a couple of weeks and I have been trying to get materials together so that I CAN study. I believe I am to that point now, and the real fun begins. I didn't know how stressful of a time these major exams can be. I only hope that I forget about these before my doctoral prelims roll around.

Tomorrow I also start my last Master's class. I really like the professor and am not worried about the class at all. It will be a nice break to keep my mind off my studying. However, the professor has already e-mailed asking me to go ahead and do the doctoral level work for the class since I am already accepted into the program. According to her it will help her out with how she wants to manage the class and the assignments. Man, what do you say to that except, "Yes, ma'm...anything to make your life easier." I have discovered that grad school is simply about that, making professors' lives better by doing as much grunt work as possible so they are free to enjoy their summers. All I can say is, my day is coming :-)

No comments: