Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Facing The Giants

"Facing the Giants" is one of my favorite movies of all time. I love the spiritual encouragement that I receive while watching this movie. We took Trenton to see it while it was still in theaters. Several months later he asked me if we could buy the "with God anything is possible movie." I was so proud that he actually got the point of the movie and we bought it the next time we went to the store. I had a hard time finding the movie to bring with me to OKC so I know that he has watched it several times. I only hope and pray that the storms that we, as parents, are weathering with him currently, will soon blow over and his foundation is still strong on the rock of Jesus.

The point of the movie is dead-on, "praise Him when we win, and praise Him when we lose", although I must say it is a little unreal to expect that God will all of a sudden make everything in my life the way I hope and dream for just because I dedicate myself to Him. It seems that reality is more that if I dedicate myself to Him, then He will change my heart to accept what He has in store. I understand the "feel-good" part of movies are needed to tug at the heart strings, but I know that my God works things to His glory, not mine. I know it, but sometimes it is hard to accept.

The movie is still awesome, and while in OKC for a conference, I was able to share the movie with some colleagues, one of which is a Hindu lady from India. I wonder what kind of conversations we may be able to have now that I have introduced her to God's Word through this movie. It may not make a difference, but she was willing to watch the movie and seemed to enjoy it. I hope and pray that God will move in her life and that His Word manifests and allows her to see the true living God that I serve. Please pray for this seed to grow in her life.

Meanwhile, I keep hearing a lot about the new movie "Fireproof." I am very encouraged by the increasing number of Christian movies that are making it to the big screen as well as the fact that the movies are being sold out. I am hoping to see the movie soon.

No comments: