Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tough Decision

I was recently presented with an opportunity to pursue a direction in my career that I have working toward for several years. The problem comes when considering the financial strains that it will cause with my family. I struggle to try and make it work, the way I want to make it work. The interesting thing is that I am feeling very stressed about it, almost unable to discuss it with God for fear of his answer. I KNOW what I want his answer to be and how I want him to work things out to make the decision easier, but I am afraid that he will not comply. The struggle continues as I try to allow God to take control of this, knowing that he knows the direction he is leading, and I learn to follow him faithfully.
Thoughts, scriptures, and prayers of encouragement will be appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, I hear ya. I appreciated your openness last night. Even though its hard, trust God with you feelings about it, knowing that he's an intimate partner in your life. He may leave the decision, good or bad, largely up to you. But, I'm guessing if he in some way leads your path a different direction, you would ultimately prefer to follow him. Here's a couple of proverbs that come to mind.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Prov. 16:9

A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way? Prov. 20:24

I've just prayed for you. I appreciate you, brother.
Marshall